Sunday, January 10, 2010

Directv is BAD news.

The main reason I went with Directv was due

to my cable company increasing my monthly rate

from $22 to $39, plus they had the Versus

channel and I wanted to watch the Tour De France

and Lance Armstrongs come back.



My service with Directv started on Dec. 6,2008,

and within a month or two they REMOVED the Versus

channel from my service plan. I received no notification

I just went to turn it on one day and it was gone.



AGAIN I got on the phone and called them. I was

informed by their customer service rep. that they

have the right to remove any channel they want from

my list of channels. If I wanted to get the Versus

channel back I would have to UPGRADE to their Choice

Extra package. By this time I was kicking myself

for ever leaving my cable company and signing up

with the pack of deceitful crooks at Directv.

Needless to say I didn't get to watch the Tour De

France.



As I mentioned in a previous post they would always

be deducting a different amount from my checking

account each month. Durning the above conversation

with their customer service rep. I told her to

stop taking payments from my checking acct., that

I would be paying by check from now on. Of course

they continued to take money from my acct. I had to

file another complaint with the BBB to get them to

finally stop, and reimburse me for over payments

because I was also sending them checks by mail.



I also mentioned in the above complaint that I had enough

of their nonsense and was going to cancell my service

with them if they did not put the Versus channel back

on my list of channels.



You'll find out if you ever

have any dealings with Directv that their favorite

word is "misunderstanding", they are always "sorry

for any misunderstanding". It's always the customer

that had the "misunderstanding" They completly ignore

the FACT that their sales rep. told me I would get

the 18 months of service for $29.99 They just state

that I have an 18 month Service Agreement with 12 months

at $29.99. In Jan my rate would go to $60. I have told

them that it makes no sense that I would agree to

such an agreement when I could not even afford to

pay $39 per month for cable! I have also ask them

to listen to the tape of the conversation I had with

their sales rep.(they record the conversations) to

confirm that I'm telling the truth. No response.



I kept my part of the agreement and stayed with this

terrible company through Dec 09. The 18 months would

have gone through June 2010.Now they tell me that

I will be charged an early cancellation fee, and that

for MY CONVENIENCE they will charge my credit card for

any outstanding balance. Thank goodness I started

paying them by check and have cancelled the card I

had for this account.



I have told them to get their satellite dish off of
my roof!

In my next post I will go into the ongoing battle


about the removal of their satellite dish. Wait


until you hear what they have to say!!!

            As I have said before AVOID DIRECTV LIKE THE PLAGUE!

                                                                                   David

No comments:

Post a Comment