Thursday, January 21, 2010

Directv is BAD news

Hello Everybody,
        The enclosed complaints were  found on ripoffreport.com
You can go there and literally find HUNDREDS of complaints
filed about Directv.  When you consider that only a handful
of people actually go to the trouble of filing a complaint, this
means the actual numbers of complaints from people about
Directv would be in the THOUSANDS.



Directv You WON'T get any "BENJAMINS" for referring your friends!
Newark, New Jersey
*UPDATE by author... No Benjamins for Referrals, just Excuses!

Category: TV Advertisements

Submitted: Saturday, January 09, 2010

Last posting: Saturday, January 16, 2010

Referring a friend for Directv service will not get you any "Benjamins" - those 100 dollar bills, like they show in the commercials! You lose out with the fine print you don't see.

I referred my friend to sign up for the service. I gave her my account number and she signed up online on 12/2/9. I had been a good customer with them for several years and this was my first referral.

Prior to the installation date, my friend called to make sure her appointment date and new address was set and everything was on file for the referral credit. Directv confirmed and said that the credit would be applied in about a month.

Now we both have received letters stating that we would not be getting any credit for either account because she did not order equipment through the referral offer or did not provide my account number. I called Directv about it and was told my referral signed up online instead of via phone! AND, since my transfer service request could not be connected, due to no fault of mine, my account is now inactive/cancelled out for now.

The commercial didn't say anything about online orders! Directv said the credit would have been applied at $10 per month intervals over 10 months, not $100 all at once. (Benjamins are $100 bills, not $10 bills!) This is just a trick to get our referrals for free!

DirecTV has become an unethical corporation Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment... DirecTV considers the deposit a FEE.






Submitted: Monday, June 01, 2009
Last posting: Sunday, January 10, 2010

I am deeply concerned about some of their business practices lately.

I signed up for their service again last year in April of 2008. At the time, my credit wasn't the best so they required a $200.00 deposit to get service. It was explained that it was a deposit and I would get the balance back when my service terminated.

Now one year later, I'm trying to end my service and my deposit has now become a fee and they say they will not be able to refund my deposit.

So my options were to "suspend" my account until I'm ready to resume it and thus not lose my "fee/deposit" or to cancel it and lose my "fee/Deposit". I chose to suspend my account even though I felt like I was being forced to do business with a company I do not ever wish to do business with again.

The very next day they took another month's charge out of my autopay credit card for $76.00 to pay for another month even though I had suspended my account the day before. So I called them and asked them to at least refund the $76.00 they had errantly taken from my credit card. They now said they can't refund the $76.00 because their policy only allows refunds if the refund is for more than two months of service!

Basically they said they will apply this $76.00 to my account if and when i decide to unsuspend my account!

I feel they are attempting to extort business out of me by holding my deposit and the one month's service fee.
Not to mention the interest they are earning on my money. Multiply that times millions of customers and that's likely to be thousands of dollars of "profit" unethically obtained every year.

Beware. DirecTV has changed and will take your money and lie to you.

Dave

Los Angeles, California
 
 
 
Ladies and Gentlemen,
       How does this TERRIBLE company get to stay in business???
 
Folks if you have a complaint it's fine to report it to ripoffreport.com but
PLEASE also file a complaint with:
http://www.dca.ca.gov/  (you can file a complaint with the California
Attorney General here- Directv Home Office is in California).
 
http://www.la.bbb.org/  (this is the BBB for California and handles all
complaints filed against Directv.)
 
In addition send a complaint to your local BBB and to your state
Attorney General. To find his address just Google in YOUR STATE NAME
 and attorney general.
 
All of these complaints can be filed online. If you want to get the
attention of Directv then we all have to keep filing complaints
about them.
 
You know my motto  AVOID DIRECTV LIKE THE PLAGUE!!
 
                                                                           David

No comments:

Post a Comment