Monday, January 18, 2010

Directv is BAD news.

Hello Everybody,
        Well the battle with Directv continues. Below is my latest
complaint to the labbb.org along with Directv response and my
response etc.
         If anybody out there reading this has had any problems
with Directv, especially along the lines of mine concerning the
18 months of service please leave a comment.


Hello Directv,


I have received a box from your company requesting that I

pack up and return your equipment to you. ARE YOU CRAZY, ARE YOU


OUT OF YOUR MIND???

This is the same Directv that has caused me nothing but

headaches, emotional turmoil, grief and then reneged on an agreement

to provide me 18 months of service for $29.99 per month. And now

you want ME to pack up and return YOUR equipment to you. you ARE

crazy AND out of your mind.

You had an independent contractor install the equipment. You

can have an independent contractor un-install it, and return it to

you. I'm certainly not going to. Sorry for any "misunderstanding"

you might have had concerning this matter.

I ask you in a previous email to have your satellite dish

off my roof by Jan 06,2010. It is now Jan 15 and it is still on

my roof. DIRECTV IS HEREBY BEING NOTIFIED THAT IF THE SATELIITE DISH


IS NOT REMOVED FROM THE ROOF OF MY HOUSE BY JAN. 31,2010 I WILL START


CHARGING DIRECTV $30.00 PER MONTH FOR ADVERTISING THEIR PRODUCT ON


MY PROPERTY. Sorry for any "misunderstanding" you might have had

concerning the removal of YOUR satellite dish.

Any and all damage to the roof from the installation/removal of

the satellite dish will need to be repaired at the expense of Directv.

By copy to labbb.org I'm requesting that they make this a part

of my complaint # 98479364. I will also be sending copies to the other

various agencies I have filed complaints with in six other states.

                                                                   David
 
 

Response (David C ID U5621) - 01/15/2010 05:09 PM

Dear Mr. Smith,

Thanks for writing us back. I'm very sorry to hear of the problems that you have experienced with your account. I tried to call you today at around 3:20 PM ET to assist you, but I was unable to reach you. I see in your most recent message that you have requested communication from us by email rather than by phone.

In response to your request, we will not be able to schedule a service technician to come to your home to pickup the equipment that you were using with your service, and we are not able to remove the DIRECTV satellite dish from your nor be liable for damages to your property upon removal as you own this component of your system. If you would like to remove the dish from your roof, please refer to a local installer in your local phone book.

Regarding the return of the DIRECTV receiver that you were using with your service, because DIRECTV leases equipment to you we ask that you return it to us when it is disconnected. When you activated your DIRECTV service, you accepted the terms of our Customer Agreement, which indicates that you agree to return disconnected equipment. If you do not return equipment, DIRECTV may charge a fee of up to $45 per standard receiver, $175 per DVR, $125 per HD receiver and/or $225 per HD DVR. To learn more, just visit our web site at directv.com/agreements.

In response to your concerns regarding the promotional offer that you accepted when you ordered your service, we offer our new customers a monthly rebate for 12 months at directv.com/rebate upon ordering service. Our new customer monthly rebate offer does not last for the full duration of your customer agreement, and our new customer agreement is for 18 to 24 months based on the date of activation of the account and the DIRECTV equipment that was activated with service. Upon further review of your information, I see that you activated equipment on 12/06/08, and at that time you agreed to an 18 month programming agreement. After reviewing your account, we found that you have discontinued service before your DIRECTV service agreement has been completed. Therefore, following the terms of
the agreement currently active on your account you will be charged an early cancellation fee of $100.00 for the total of 5 months of your agreement that remain to be completed (this is an estimated total; see your final bill for the exact amount). This fee is only a partial portion of early cancellation fee, and is based on the number of full months that remain on your original agreement at the time your account is disconnected. If the service termination occurred mid-month, the fee calculation began at the start of the next month.
 
 

Hello Directv,
      There you go again! Everybody EXCEPT Directv has to live up to

their agreement. It was my intention when I called Directv, to sign

up for the 12 month promotion at $29.99 per month. In the promotional

material there was no requirement that I had to sign up for 18 months

(with the last 6 months being at regular price) in order to get the 12

months at $29.99. BUT WHEN YOUR SALES REP. TOLD ME I COULD GET ANOTHER


6 MONTHS "AT THE SAME LOW PRICE" I AGREED. In the more then one year I

have been fighting with you people over this, YOU HAVE NOT ONCE DENIED


THAT YOUR SALES REP. OFFERED THE ADDITIONAL 6 MONTHS FOR $29.99. You keep

repeating the same sorry song about how I have failed to complete the

programming agreement. I did not fail to live up to my end of the agreement,

Directv failed to live up to the agreement presented by their sales rep.

That's really a shamful way to have to get bussiness, to have your

sales rep's and your customer service reps LIE to people. But that is

the fault of management. It all flows down hill. They let their people get

away with it and by doing that they condone it.

Concerning the Directv equipment that is in my house, since Directv


breached our agreement I'm under no obligation to help you in any way

to get this equipment back to you. You want it you come get it.


As for the satellite dish, I already have an attorney checking out

the possibility of a class action law suit against Directv. I worked

for a law firm for three years before I retired in 05. I was an investigator

not an attorney, but one of the attorneys in the firm specialized in class

action law suits. If there is any justice in this country Directv will have

to pay to have THOUSANDS of their old out of service satellite dish's

removed from these homes.

In your email you stated that I "own" the satellite dish that Directv had

installed on my roof. Where do you come up with such nonsense?!?! In Directv

promotional material it states in part: "ReceiverS are at all times property


of Directv" That dish sitting on my roof IS A RECEIVER, it is the PRIMARY

receiver in that it collects the signal from the satellite and sends it

to the SECODARY receiver located in my house. Directv has defaced and caused

loss of value to my property by drilling holes in my roof to install THEIR

satellite dish RECEIVER, and now refuses to remove it.


If I'm billed for any of your equipment or charged any kind of fee

for Directv failing to live up to their agreement with me, I will not pay


any of these charges. If any derogatory infomation is sent to the credit

bureau then I will have no choice but to file a law suit against Directv.

I know you hear this all the time, but I'm the one person in a thousand that can

do it. When a person has been wronged they have the right to file a law suit

on their own behalf against the wrong doer. All it will cost me is a filing fee

and some of my time. It will cost Directv hundreds if not thousands of dollars

to answer the summons/complaint and defend the suit.


Again let me reiterate that Directv has failed to comply with the 18


months agreement that was made with THEIR sales rep. My intention was to


sign up for 12 months at $29.99. ONLY when your sales rep. offered another 6


months for the same price did I agreed to the 18 months. Now Directv is


failing to live up to that agreement.

By copy of this to the labbb.org I'm requesting they make this part of

my complaint # 98479364 against Directv.

                                                               David

As I have said before AVOID DIRECTV LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

TO BE CONTINUED.


                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment